Translate

mardi 11 mars 2014

In English - Mrs Doubtfire

   I am back to write you a new film review. I watched this movie during the last holidays and I would like to share with you my thoughts about it.

Title:  Mrs. Doubtfire
Director: Chris Columbus
Starring: Robin Williams, Sally Field, Pierce Brosnan
Year: 1993
Country: USA
Genre: Comedy

Summary
   When his wife demands divorce and gets the right to keep with her their three children, Daniel Hillard (Robin Williams), an excentric actor, can't bear it. He is only allowed to visit them on Saturdays, but he does need to see Lydia, Christopher and Nattie every day. He has to find a job and a place to live to have his children one week out two. He manages to find a job in a TV channel as... a cleaning man, and with the help of his brother, he dresses himself as an elderly English governess, Euphegenia Doubtfire. He then tries to be hired by his wife to take care of the children and be able to see them everyday. He succeeds, which induces many crazy situations when his wife starts dating someone else...

My opinion
   I did not really enjoy this movie for many reasons. However, watching Robin Williams dressed as the perfect English governess and acting like he was, is quite funny.
   But there is nothing original in the movie. For example, the children are so cliche ! I came out from the movie with a hard feeling of  "déjà vu". I was expecting the supposed-to-be-funny sentences before they were pronounced. And the whole film is a repetition of the same jokes. I mean, there is nothing new. The plot is predictible and the end is much too "perfect". Moreover, sometimes the main character is coarse. The actors do not act very well. On the whole, this is a really bad comedy. To conclude, let me advise you not to watch Mrs. Doubtfire if you do not want to waste your time.

To conclude
   1/5, just bad

   I tried to give you my opinion about this movie. If you do not agree with me, please let me know why in the comments down below. Thank you for reading !

   PS: The director, Chris Columbus, shot the first Percy Jackson movie, and I am a huge fan of the books. The film is not very good, but I was still hoping something better for Mrs Doubtfire, so I was quite disappointed.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire