Translate

mardi 23 septembre 2014

Veronica Roth - Insurgent (Divergent 2)

    So here is my article about Divergent 2. (The one about Divergent is here ).

Title : Insurgent
Author : Veronica Roth
Genre : Young Adult, sci-fi, adventure
Year : 2012
Country : USA

Summary
   Tris stopped the simulation that made the Dauntless kill the Abnegation. Now she is fleeing the Erudites with Four. She tries to take refuge by the Amity, but she is still in danger and manages to flee again. She is tracked by the new Dauntless police and has to be careful. She also has to deal with her memoris of her friend Will she was forced to kill. Tris is literally eaten up by remorse. But factionless found a leader, and now they have a goal: they want to abolish the factions system. Will Tris survive and make the good decision ?

My opinion
   First of all, I liked Divergent. I couldn't help reading further ! But Insurgent was for me a big disappointment.
   First, and that's not a good point, I barely can remember the plot. By the way, maybe you have noticed that my summary is very short. The only thing I remember from this book is that there are some fights. And more fights. And even more fights. I mean, I think it is fascinating when there is some adventure in a book. But, to my mind, an overdose of adventure can mean the book is boring. There is a point where you are completely lost. What does look like a fight the most than another fight ?
   Second, I thought psychology could have been much better. Remorse is an interesting theme. Tris does often feel remorse, but that's it: she just "feels", there is no analysis. Four (also known as Tobias)  is no important character anymore, to my mind.
   Last but not least, I found the final betrayal predictable.
   Besides, the writing is still awful.
   You might have understood that I didn't like this novel at all. I advise you not to read it, unless you really don't mind to waste your time.

To conclude 
   1/5, bad from all points of view.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire