Translate

samedi 5 avril 2014

In English - Rick Riordan - The Kane Chronicles 2

  I am back with a new book by Rick Riordan, the second one of the Kane Chronicles, The Throne of Fire . I know, I should have written an article about the first one, but I read it about six months ago and I have just finished the second one, so... Please forgive my English mistakes...

Title: The Throne of Fire
Author: Rick Riordan
Genre: Fantasy
Year: 2011
Country: United States

Summary
   They defeated Seth in The Red Pyramid, Carter and Sadie Kane, 13-years old- teenagers, the pharaohs' descendants and powerful wizzards, teach young beginners magic in Brooklyn. But their second task is hard: they have to face a dangerous ennemy: Apophis, the big snake and the Chaos Master, is awaking. That is why Carter and Sadie want to wake Ra up. Ra is the god of the Sun and used to fight Apophis every day. In order to find him, Carter and Sadie, helped by the dworf god Bes, have to search for the Book of Ra and fight against the wizzards from the House of Life, represented by the dangerous Vlad Menchikov. They have only five days left to save the world, though the gods themselves are against them.

My opinion
   I did not find The Red Pyramid, the first book, was a good novel. According to me, it looked like Percy Jackson too much, and was not at all as good as it. But I enjoyed The Throne of Fire much better. First, the characters are more complex and the book is thrilling. Then, I learned more about Egyptian mythology, which is quite fascinating and not as well-known as the Greek mythology. And overall, to my mind, The Throne of Fire is funnier than The Red Pyramid or Percy Jackson. I really laughed while reading this book. And the main character are human and you can really well identify with them.
   According to me, the book is still not well-written, and not as awesome as the Percy Jackson series, but I was surprised by this book. I really thought it would be worse than The Red Pyramid.

To conclude
   3/5, a good surprise





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire